To enable the Paypal Standard Payment Option, follow these steps:
- First, login to your Paypal account.
- Find the option for Instant Payment Notification.
- Make sure you enable that option. Enter Your Site URL if no IPN URL is set.
- Save Your Changes.
- Click on Settings > Manage Modules
- Click on the Payment Gateways modules
- Scroll down and view the Paypal Standard Payment Gateway option
- If it is not yet installed, click on the Install button.
- Once it is installed, go back to Settings > Payment Options
- Find the Paypal Standard Option and click on the Edit icon
- You can now enter the fields for the payment option:
- Enabled - Enable or Disable this payment option
- Title - The title to show on the checkout page
- Description - A short description for the payment option
- Enable Testing - If you want to use the Paypal sandbox for testing, set this option.
- Paypal Email - Your paypal email address
- Currency Code - The currency code to use for paypal payments
- Generate Invoice - If you want to generate an invoice before the user is redirected, enable this option.
- API Username - You Paypal API Username (for refunds)
- API Password - You Paypal API Password (for refunds)
- API Signature - You Paypal API Signature (for refunds)
- Enable Debug Email - Enable this option if you want to receive IPN debug emails.
- Checkout Logo - The logo you want to use on the Paypal payment page.
- Sort Order - Sort order when showing the different payment options on the checkout page.
- Click on Save Changes