Meeting System Requirements
- Before installing the eCommerce Manager software, please make sure that your hosting account has met all the system requirements for it.
- To view the system requirements, click here
Downloading the eCommerce Manager files
- If you are installing the ecommerce software on your website, you must first download the zip file from http://www.jrox.com.
- Once you have downloaded it, unzip the files into a folder on your computer.
Uploading the eCommerce Files
- Use an FTP software such as Filezilla to upload the files to your web hosting account. You will need to have your FTP login infor for your hosting account handy.
- Once you have uploaded all the files, you can run the web-based portion of the affiliate installation process.
Create the MySQL Database
- The eCommerce Software requires that you create a MySQL database and MySQL database user before installing the sofware. You would normally do this through your web hosting control panel, such as cPanel, Godaddy, or Plesk.
When you create the database user, please make sure you give that database user the correct database permissions to access the database you created as well. This can be done in your control panel, where you would add permisssions to the database user.
- If you need help creating the database, please consult your hosting provider. Alternatively, you can contact us and we can do the installation for you for a small fee.
Web Based Installation
- Once you have created the database and uploaded files, you can run the web-based installer.
- The web-based installer is at http://www.yourdomain.com/jem_folder/install/
- If you install JEM on your root folder, it would be http://www.yourdomain.com/install
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
You may have to change the permissions on the following files (chmod 777) if your web host gives you an error on installation:
- You can now login to your eCommerce Manager Admin area