Sometimes, you may create a manual order without creating a corresponding invoice with it. If you do decide to associate an invoice to that order later on. Please follow these steps.
- Make sure the customer that you created the order for has an associated account in your system (i.e. not a guest checkout)
- Click on Manage Orders > View Orders, and select the order that you want.
- Under the Bill To section, click on the user associated with this order. Alternatively, you can go to Contacts > Manage Contacts and search for the user.
- On the User's details page, click on the Issue New Invoice link on the right side. This will allow you to create a standalone invoice for that user.
- Enter the details for this invoice.
- Click on Save Changes
- Once the invoice is created, click on the Update tab and enter the Order Number on the right side with the order that you want to associate this invoice with.
- Click Save Changes.
* Keep in mind, that once you associate an order with an invoice, that cannot be edited any more, so make sure it is the right order number.