You can set promotional rules for certain products in your eCommerce store. This can be good if you’d like to do special offers for products, or quantity discounts, such as if a customer purchases a certain amount, you can give them a free product or percentage off for it.
Promotional Rules are applied on checkout. You will see them on the customer’s order / invoice.
Managing Promotional Rules
You can view your promotional rules in Promotions > Promotion Rules. You can click on Create Rule to add a new rule in the system. On the Create Rule page, set the following:
- Start Date – Date when you want this promotion to start
- Expires On – Date when this promotion expires
- Rule – Currently set to Per Item
- If Item In Cart Is – Select the product that needs to be in the user’s cart
- If – Set if you want to use Item Quantity or Total Item Price
- Is – Set to either Greater Than, Less Than, or Equal To
- Amount – The amount needed for the promotion to run
- Then Issue – Either a Special Offer or Quantity Discount
- Promo Amount – The promotional amount that will be given.
- Free Product / Discount Type – If you use special offer, then you can give Free Product or for quantity discount, set the Discount Type to be Flat or Percent