The Image Manager allows you to view all of your images and photos that you have in your eCommerce system. It is hooked into many areas of your admin site, so that you can upload product and user photos, background images, and gallery photos.
Accessing the Image Manager
You can get to the Image Manager by going to Content Media > Image Manager. The default image folders are separated for:
- Products – Used for all of your product and category images
- Members – Store your contact / user / member photos here
- Gallery – If you use the image gallery, store your images here
- Content – For the blog images and photos
- Brands – For your product brands
- Banners – Store your affiliate marketing banner images here
- Backgrounds – For use when you use backgrounds images for user profiles, and slide shows
- Admins – Stores your admin user photos
To upload new images to your site, click on the folder that you want to upload to first, then click on the Upload icon on the upper left corner of the Image Manager and click on the Add Files button. You can select multiple images to upload. Make sure they are a reasonable file size, around 2 – 4 MB, but preferably smaller as I will make your site load quicker. Use JPG, GIF, and PNG files for your image file types. Once you have selected the images, click on Start Upload to begin.
Once you are done uploading, click on Return to files list to view your new uploads.