You can view all your eCommerce site’s blog posts in Content Media > Blog Posts > View Blog Posts.
Managing Blog Posts
To add a new blog post, click on the Create Blog Post button. On the Blog Post Details page, enter the following:
- Title – The title of your post
- Draft / Published – Set this post as Draft or Published. Your post must be set to Published for it to be publicly available.
- Publish Date – Date that this post will be available online. If you want to schedule posts, set the dates here and it will automatically show up online on the assigned date.
- Summary – A short summary for your blog post
- Post – Your blog content
- Meta Title / Description / Keywords – Set your meta data for SEO
Click on the Options tab to set more options for your post.
The meta options tab sets the following:
- Permalink – URL permalink for your post
- Category – Assign this to a specific blog category
- Enable Comments – Allow comments for this post
- Blog Tags – Add tags to your post
- Sort Order – If you want to specify your posts to list in certain order set this option. * You will also need to set the column sort_order by manually editing the file /application/config/db_sort.php in the TBL_BLOG_POSTS sort order
Allows you to set media options such as:
- Overview Image – Set an overview image or photo to show on the blog list page
- Header Image – Set a header image or photo to show on the blog post’s page
- Embed Video – If you want to show a video as the header image instead, select one here from any videos you have added in Content Media > Video Manager
- Attached Files – If you want to have some files available for download in this post, assign them here from ones you have created in Content Media > Download Files
If you require this post to only be visible when users have logged in, you can set the following:
- Require Registration – Only users that have registered and logged in can view the full content of this post
- Restrict to Blog Groups – If you want to further restrict this post to only show to specific blog groups, you can assign them here. The user must be a member of that specific blog group to view this post.
- Drip Feed Post – Enter a number in days for this post to show up in a user’s blog after they register on your site.
Enter any extra notes for this post here.
If you have Auto Save Blog Drafts enabled in Settings > Content > Content Settings, the eCommerce Suite will automatically save drafts while you update your content every few minutes. If you would like to restore a specific revision, you can click on one in the Revisions tab to restore. Keep in mind, this will overwrite your current post with the saved revision.