eCommerce Suite gives you the option to back up your system database and files. To do that, you can click on Settings > System Utilities > Manage System Backups.
You must first configure the correct backup folder path
- Click on the Settings link on the top right.
- On the Global Settings screen, click on the System > Database tab
- On the Backup Path field, make sure the folder path is valid. This is where your database backups will be stored.
Backup Your Database
- To backup your data, click on the Settings link on the top right
- Click on the System Backups link on the right to launch the Database Backups Page
- The System Backups page will list any backup files that you may already have.
- Click on the Backup Database Now button below to run a database backup.
- Once it is done, your new backup file will be saved to your backup folder path listed above and shown with the database backups page.
* By default, the system only saves the last 30 backup files to help save disk space.
If you have enabled the option to automatically backup your database through the CRON job, eCommerce Suite will only save the most recent 30 backup files by default. If you want to change this number, you will need to edit the config option for max_backup_files in the /application/config/custom.php file.